Sunday 3 July 2011

Roger Moore, I Think


Gave up rewriting the opening chapter of my manuscript earlier in the day, so, with The Rezillos firmly plugged in I crouch over my MacBook Pro and fantasise over my holiday in the South of France. What seems like several hours later, I look up and there, sitting opposite me is Roger Moore (17 Jun 2011) – well ok maybe not actually Roger Moore but it’s the closest you will ever get to someone having a double – I had to spend some embarrassing minutes just staring to make sure it isn’t him – it’s his dead ringer – I’m pretty sure though he hasn’t stepped into a library for over 25 years – he’s very tanned, very well dressed and very out of place. The thing is he can’t believe all the noise, I’m used to it, all the other freaks are used to it, and every so often he surfaces from The Chronicles of Narnia, waves his head around, huffs and puffs and says one word – “unbelievable” It really is quite funny; I’m trying hard not to crack up. He repeats: “This is really quite unbelievable!” Maybe it should be Roger Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment