Sunday 3 July 2011

Polishwoman


The library has spawned a new freak today (16 June 2011) – welcome Polishwoman! She has been holding a quite bizarre conversation, in Polish, which has now been running for almost 2 hours – the conversation alternates between whispers, annoying in themselves because you can’t follow the drama, and alarming shrieks which literally raise the hairs on the back of your neck. Try imaging you are Polish, high on crack and you have been chosen to talk someone through a crash landing procedure on a field just outside Warsaw, the pilot being some panic-stricken 83 year old passenger who has only ever flown a kite before then you can begin to imagine the scene Polishwoman has created today. – Even by library standards this wailing is extraordinary, but even more extraordinary, the staff carry on tapping away at their keyboards, oblivious to the mayhem, do they give a shit? Hell no!

I should mention that I haven’t seen Josef today – should I be worried? I just hope I’m not experiencing any sense of concern or loss – I gamble very badly but if I was to put money on this I would say he has either been bludgeoned to death in his sleep (preferred option) or has been locked in a public toilet overnight soliciting Polishwoman (unlikely but not impossible).

No comments:

Post a Comment