Sunday 10 July 2011

Introducing Josef


I met Josef several months ago (20 May) when I first started writing in the library, and yes he is another psychopath and perhaps the head honcho of psychopaths. Straight away he offered to clean my laptop screen and in my innocence, and ignorance of Romanian customs, I accepted. Fool! He pounces now whenever he sees me, not only offering to clean my screen but is keen to play online backgammon with me and lend me subtitled Romanian horror films and for some reason is convinced I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan. I try my very best to avoid him like Swine Flu but he appears from nowhere then passes his charger over my shoulders, asking me to plug him in, the sexual connections are sickening. I'm not even sure he speaks English and I'm only assuming he's called Josef because that's the name of his avatar when he plays online backgammon with random weirdos in Eastern Europe. I'm pretty sure the only words I've ever uttered to him are "alright" and "cheers" (and that was only once when he cleaned my screen).

Please tell me how I can concentrate on doing any creative writing in this house of madness! Please remember that Josef is the type of maniac who jumps and screams whenever he rolls a double six, I also sit there waiting for the ultimate embarrassment, where Josef jumps and embraces me with Romanian kisses; such is his excitement whenever he wins at backgammon. I can also remember a time when I saw this nutcase on the railway station platform, and yes, he had his laptop propped open, playing backgammon! He also wears a bandana, has a gap tooth and stinks like a chicken shit house.

No comments:

Post a Comment